The importance of great content, unique ways to deliver your message
Social Media Marketing Tactics Part 7
The one thing that can make your website or blog stand above the others is unique content and knowing the importance of great content. If you just produce the same as others you will never stand out, plus you can make your content work for you by focusing on key words and driving traffic and visitors to your website, always remember the importance of great content.
Below are tips and tactics about the importance of great content but also the unique ways in which you can deliver that information to your readers.
You can download all 8 articles as a PDF when you sign up to the Create Website 4 U Newsletter.
Tips on coming up with a good content
- Always stay updated about current events.
Current events may give you ideas about the future of your market. Stay updated so you are not left behind in market changes.
- Check the latest news in your field of business.
You need to check for current events but you need to focus more on news that involve your market niche. You can also make posts about these news events as long as you do not side with any group.
- Regularly check yahoo news.
The homepage of yahoo is one of the great places to find some of the juiciest and latest news. They also often feature business news.
- Regularly read magazines that are related to your field.
Magazines can give you a lot of ideas. For example, if your business is about fashion, then you should read a lot of fashion magazines.
- Hire researchers if possible.
Research is not an easy task, especially if it involves marketing and business. If you do not have the extra time for it, you can hire people to do it for you.
- Think out of the box and come up with something unique.
Try going out of your comfort zones once in a while. Think of new exciting ways to make your announcements and posts so that your subscribers are not bored.
- If you need to recycle content, make sure it is redone from the bottom up.
Sometimes, you just really run out of a fresh new content. While recycling is discouraged, sometimes it is the only thing that could save you. But if you must do this, make sure that you make it look new and different.
- Ask your customers and subscribers what they want to see next.
IF you have no idea what your subscribers might like to see next, you can simplify things by asking them straight ahead. In fact, customers like it when you ask questions like: “What do you want to see next?” or “What do you want us to make for you next?”
- Ask your affiliates what they want you to do next.
Do not just ask your customers and subscribers. You should not forget about your affiliates, advocates, and influencers as well. Ask them.
- Check your previous contents and check out what might be missing.
You might think that you have already done almost everything. But check your profile again. You never know what you might discover that is missing. Tips on writing your comments and posts effectively
- Come up with a good title.
Sometimes, subscribers will not even try to read if they see that a post is lengthy. So what should you do? Incite their interest by starting your post with a catchy and intriguing title.
- Always use a catchy headline.
If a title is inappropriate, then simply start the sentence with a catchy and interesting first sentence.
- Use the inverted triangle method of writing.
In article writing, this means that you should write your articles by including all the important information in the beginning of the article. The concentration of information is higher in the beginning and gets fewer as the article ends.
Tips on unique ways to deliver your message
- Use PowerPoint presentations.
Tired of old-school paragraph posts? Then create a powerful presentation instead and add some exciting designs and animations.
- Use images.
You can also make a graphic art of what you want to say.
- Use video clips.
This is just like doing a PowerPoint presentation.
- Use voice clips.
Try something new once in a while and convey your message through a recorded voice. This is actually a more effective marketing strategy because a voice can be more encouraging than written words.
- Combine all of the above.
All the tricks used above can be used at the same time. This will make for a unique and effective way of communicating with your subscribers.
- Use lists and bullet points.
A long paragraph is tiring to read. Make it easier for your subscribers to read by making a list instead.
- Use uppercase letters on important words.
This is one way to entice your subscribers to read a rather boring-looking paragraph. Highlight words like BONUS, SALE, PROMO, and such. Seeing keywords like these ones will surely catch their attention.
- Use double quotations as necessary.
Other than CAPSLOCK, this is another effective way to highlight an important word.
- Use underlines as necessary.
Underlines are also an effective highlighting element.
- Use highlighting if your social media blog allows this feature.
Adding a coloured highlight to a word will probably make it stand out more than a capslock, a double quote, or an underline can. Sadly, not all social media sites offer the option.
- Know the proper use of the opening word “ATTENTION!”
Sometimes, you can simply start a paragraph with “ATTENTION!”. Use this sparingly. And make sure that the message is really worth the opening.
- An occasional humour is okay.
Professionalism should be observed at all times but some humour will put a smile on the face of your readers. If they are happy, they are more likely to buy.
- Subscribe to newsletters of affiliates.
- Subscribe to newsletters of similar groups
- Subscribe to newsletters of competitors.
Tips on improving customer relationships
- Write about success stories of your customers.
Feature examples of some of your customers who liked your service and/or product. This will invite others to avail of your product/service as well.
- Post how-to guides for your subscribers.
It has been proven in internet marketing that most internet users like reading how-to-guides. If you always provide some once in a while, people will keep coming back to check your page.
- Include guides about things to avoid.
This way, your customers and subscribers will feel that you actually care about their well-being. This will be good for your business. Just make sure that the guide is related to your market niche.
- Post interviews with a successful client
Do not just tell stories about a successful customer and/or client. Instead, you should probably post a video of an interview. This is a lot more convincing that just plain text.
- Avoid recycling previous messages.
You may have no choice but to recycle content in some instances. But avoid it if at all possible. Some users will still notice that a content is recycled even after a lot of editing and changes.
- Avoid recycling multimedia elements.
Not just words and articles, but multimedia content may also be recycled. But do so only when you have no choice. Also, you should edit it so that it is not recognizable as a recycled item.
- Send out important newsletters to subscribers.
Sometimes, subscribers just stop checking out your page and it is not even your fault. Maybe they just got busy for a period of time and forgot. In which case, it helps to remind them through newsletters.
- Always use courteous greetings, daily if possible.
On days when you have nothing to say, perhaps a simple “Good morning” and “Good evening” or “Happy lunch time” will do. You may also use greetings as an opening to any announcement. Your subscribers will like a courteous attitude.
- Make sure your subscribers feel that they are always up-to-date.
This is one of the advantages of making announcements and news regularly. Our subscribers will feel that they are not left out of the latest about your company.
- Talk about latest trends which you know your subscribers will like and love to hear about.