Maintain and improve your Social Media Credibility, improving your effectiveness
Social Media Marketing Tactics Part 6
You always need to work on your Social Media Credibility and that will only get stronger and better when you are genuine and show passion for what you are working on. The general public who will be reading your posts and websites are very savvy people and are only ever a click away from leaving your site, that is why it is so important to always improve your Social Media Credibility.
Below are tips and tactics that will not only help your Social Media Credibility but help you improve your effectiveness in everything you do.
You can download all 8 articles as a PDF when you sign up to the Create Website 4 U Newsletter.
Tips on maintaining/improving the credibility of your social media account
- If your company has an official webpage, make sure to mention your social media account in your official webpage.
This is one way of encouraging people to subscribe to your social media account. If you get them to subscribe to you, you are also gaining access to the people in their friendlist.
- Do forget to use your company logo in your social media account.
- Post photos of company events – the kinds which the public could not possibly have had access to.
Random photos like dinners, tours, and even photos in airports are the kinds of photos that others could not have access to. This way, people will know that your social media account is authentic and is the real thing.
- Make sure your social media announcements correspond to the announcements your official webpage.
If you are also making announcements on your official webpage, they should be the same with the details of the announcements you make on your social media account.
- Be careful about making statements about current events. Avoid it if possible.
People have different opinions about current events. If you favor one side, you might incite the anger of some people.
- Always give your subscribers the feeling that the company is moving forward.
People will like you more if they believe that your company is moving forward. Always give this impression through the posts that you make.
- Always give your subscribers the feeling that your company’s social media account page is active and kicking.
- When mistakes happen, step up and own the mistake.
Even with a lot of precaution, it is possible that a mistake or two could slip up. When this happens, just admit it and apologize. People will appreciate this better. They will see through a denial and will hate it.
- Act like a leader, without being cocky.
People need to feel that you are a leader – a driving force. IF you do this without being cocky, they will respect you.
- Always post media exposure of your company.
If your company has been featured in a magazine, a television show, or any media channel, make sure that you mention it on your social media site. Provide a link if available.
Tips on measuring and improving the effectiveness of your social media account
- Analyze how many of your customers came to you through your social media account.
Run polls and surveys to know how many of your customers learned about your company through your social media account. This way, you will know if your social media venture is fruitful or not.
- Blog regularly for better traffic.
Making blog posts on a regular basis will keep people tuned in to your page. It will increase traffic. After all, they will not regularly check a page that rarely makes blog posts.
- Imagine that social media is like a story that you tell, and the characters in the story are your customers.
- Do not always just talk about your company. Talk about the people that subscribe to you.
If you speak about you subscribers and customers as well, they will feel that they are important and that they are involved. This will improve your relationship with them.
- Use polls so you learn more about your customers.
Polls let you know the preferences of your subscribers. This will give you an idea about your next marketing plans.
- Try other smaller scale social media sites for localized marketing.
If there is a local social media site in the area of your targeted market niche, consider opening an account there as well. This is to help you reach to more locals.
- Offer a mobile check-in feature if it is compatible with your business.
It is now getting popular that businesses allow their customers to order and/or check-in for services and/or products online. Offer this feature to open up to more customers.