Expand your Social Media reach
Social Media Marketing Tactics Part 3
You need to grow your audience and you can only do this when you expand your social media reach using various highly effective methods to do so. Below you will find tips to help you expand your social media reach with as little work as possible.
You can download all 8 articles as a PDF when you sign up to the Create Website 4 U Newsletter.
Tips on how to expand the reach of your social media account
- Advertise your social media account.
The purpose of your social media account is to advertise. However, a social media account is an advertisement tool that also needs to be advertised. Tell people to visit your social media account.
- Always include your social media URL to your other forms of advertisement.
If you advertise on magazines, television, and radio, you need to make sure that your social media account is mentioned. A small note saying “Visit us on Facebook” should be sufficient.
- Learn to use SEO techniques.
When making posts and uploading articles to your blog site, make sure that they are made with SEO. This will make your social media account easier to find via search engines.
- Contribute SEO articles to websites like www.ezinearticles.com.
By contributing SEO articles to these sites, you are making your social media page easier to find on the internet.
- Use a URL name that corresponds to the main keyword which best describes your service/product offering or your company.
You can change how your URL appears. For example, if your company name is Solemn Foods, you can change your Facebook URL to www.facebook.com/solemnfoods
- Get affiliated with other groups which are related to your market niche.
By becoming affiliates of other groups that are related to your field, you are exposing your page to more potential viewers. For example, if you are selling cosmetics, you should probably become affiliated with pages about makeup tutorial, makeup tips, latest makeup trends, and such.
- Use follow buttons
These are buttons which you can post elsewhere on the internet. This way, users can like content you posted in your Facebook account actually logging in to Facebook or opening another window.
- Use share/link buttons.
Have affiliate sites to post a link that will direct users to your blog site. This is one reason why it is important to have many affiliates on the internet. It will help you have more subscribers.
- Make use of the old school method called email marketing.
Yes, it is old. But it is still effective. Send potential leads an email that contains a link and/or follow button that will connect them to your blog page.
- Propose a guest post on established and influential blogs – the big names ideally.
Ask other influential groups to allow you to make a post on their page. And on that post, make sure to include a link that will direct users to your blog page.
- Your subscription buttons should be done via RSS.
This allows users to see the latest updates on your blog page.
Tips on outsourcing work and task
- Make sure the account holder you hire knows your ideals and standards.
You may choose to hire a person to manage and maintain your blog page. But they should know your standards. They should understand how you want to run things.
- Have someone check the site throughout the day and night.
You do not know when a user might have posted something derogatory on your page. Therefore, it is important that you have someone check your blog page from time to time to filter out such comments.
- Set limits on how much they can change.
People you hire to manage your blog page should have limitations. There are things that they should not touch or change. Be clear in this.
- Authorize different actions to different people if necessary.
For better results, you can hire someone who manages events, promos, news, and such. You should also have a person for articles, videos, graphics, and page design.
- You can hire people to do the graphics.
Photoshop is not easy. If you need professional results, hire someone to do it for you.
- You can hire people to do the videos.
There are several video maker software available out there. If you are not confident, do not attempt to make your own. It will only lead to low quality output.
- You can hire people to do the short articles.
This is now easy to find. You can now hire ghost writers to write articles and even eBooks for you.
Tips on dealing with trolling, defamation, and other derogatory comments from users
- Check for possibly derogatory messages all the time.
Check your page all the time, or at least have someone do it for you. You need to deal with negative comments as soon as possible before they affect the opinion of other subscribers.
- Avoid the domino effect of negative comments.
When one person makes a negative comment, it is possible that others will sympathize. Then it can become a string of negative comments form more users. End it before this happens. Delete the root cause.
- Do not leave a serious question hanging unanswered for too long.
Some questions, if unanswered, can lead users to doubt your company’s credibility (e.g. the product I bought is lasted only a month, can I have it replaced?). Questions like this one should be answered immediately.
- Maintain a professional tone when replying to possibly derogative comments.
Sometimes, you need to answer derogatory questions to set things straight, so other users will know the truth. But when doing so, you should avoid being rudely defensive. You should always maintain a professional tone. Other users will see this and appreciate it.
- Know which messages should be left unanswered. You do not need to respond to every question.